Painting: Headless Naked Lady

This is the under-painting to what will surely transform itself into a masterpiece of epic proportions. (?!)

Looking to make a more interesting composition. Kind of been restrained by my inexperience of oils and the brushes we've been using- which are quite fat and I am struggling to have control of them and the paint at the same time. We were to place the figure in an interesting way, within it's surroundings.. but I seem to have simply come up with another headless wonder.

Thinking of extending it out to the left, bringing in more of that blue, making it a square...

I am also attempting to further abstract 'The Most Hideous Painting In The World'.. I am experimenting with a different palate, and reducing the complexities of the shapes. As ever- referencing William Scott and his simplified pots and pans.

Popular Posts